Writing e-mails that customers don’t open is every Marketer’s nightmare. We know for a fact that e-mail marketing can’t be avoided as 99% of customers check e-mail at least once a day and the conversion rates are higher than any other channels like social media, search, direct traffic, etc.
But if we play cards right, E-mail marketing can be used to acquire new customers.
So why can’t we start by asking these three simple questions to build a successful E-mail Campaign
- Who are you sending your emails to?
- What message are you delivering?
- What action do you want them to take?
In Marketing language,
- Who are your Leads? What are the e-mails addresses are you going to send these e-mails to?
- What E-mail Content are you going to write?
- What Call-to-Action you want Lead to take for them to convert?
In this article we at Red Scraper are here to answer in detail about building an effective E-mail Marketing Database. Stick to the end for some great e-mail marketing bonus tricks.
#1 Do the Guess Work
Many companies usually have a pattern in their email addresses. All you have to do is go to their website, find the domain name and do the guess work. Make a quick spreadsheet and try different combinations with their first and last name. Before hitting the E-mail Send button, you can verify if the e-mail address is valid using tools like E-mail Checker.
This guess work may be tiring if you want to do a bulk search, here’s why.
- Companies might have multiple e-mail domains
- Nicknames can be used for e-mails
- There might be multiple employees with same name
- Employees might middle names included in the e-mail address
- Few companies use subdomains
- Few affiliates use parent company domain for e-mails and so on.
If we keep sending e-mails to incorrect e-mail addresses, the bounce rate will be so high and by the time you realize your domain reputation is hurt badly. This whole experience can be scary as your e-mails can go to spam folder because of sender reputation, or the worst – your domain can be blacklisted.
#2 Do the Manual Work
If you want to find specific e-mail addresses, we suggest a few compelling ways to do it
- Just Google their names, you might get lucky
- Checkout their Social media profiles
- Export your LinkedIn connections and get their e-mails
- Check their company website, blogs, portfolios for e-mail addresses
- Ask Mutual friends to pass on the contact, if you have any
- Twitter has advanced search capabilities, why not use it?
#3 Do a Quick Search leveraging E-mail Scraper
The final way is to leverage E-mail Extracting tools online. A day in marketer’s life can be quite demanding, a tool that bulk searches and provide quality e-mail would be a blessing in disguise.
We know there are multiple tools in the market that can extract e-mails, but we will start with RedScraper’s story and our own tool – Lead Prospector.
RedScraper’s founder Prakash set on a mission a decade ago to simplify lead generation. Lead Prospector tool was developed by him single-handedly to extract targeted leads. Why don’t you try building a Lead database along with us using Lead Prospector? Of course, get started for Free!
You marketers can quickly extract personal e-mail addresses from social media, by entering specific keywords and commonly used domains. If you want to extract professional e-mail addresses, we have got you covered with our new tool RS Business Email Finder. Once you run the search, you can export the list as a CSV file.
Cold e-mails and spam are closely associated by customers, so to stand out imagine writing an e-mail to one person instead of one customer segment. Also, after getting the CSV file from Lead Prospector, you can use mail merge or any E-mail Marketing Automation tool of choice to personalize and shoot interesting e-mails.